I hope the new year will bring us many fresh and inspiring pictures. In order to bring my photography to a new level these are my new year’s intentions:
- To kick it off I should update the News category more often which is what I’m doing right now.
- Be a little less shy and just ask people if I can take a picture
- Do more promotional work for 1pictureaday
- Don’t focus on equipment although….I want to…
- Buy a new point & shoot camera, probably the Canon G11
- Create pictures which tell a story, bring up emotions, are relevant & are effective
- Do a quick reset of my camera BEFORE doing a shoot, especially bracketing, metering & ISO values
- Do more walks early in the morning, which means I have to wake up & go OUT of the bed when the alarm is ringing!
- Move closer to the subject
- Make a decision of if/how/where/why/when/what/who to sell my pictures
- Actually read the books I buy
- Take less “window view” pictures, although sometimes this is inevitable like last week when I was sick.
- Go to more exhibitions and/or workshops
- Do more research
- Spend less time in front of the TV, checking analytics/email/twitter/flickr notifications
Of course I can’t fullfill all of them, but writing a post about it makes me more aware of them. And of course I should not forget that I’m doing this for the joy of creating something that, existed for just a split second, will exist for eternity.
We’ll see what the new year is going to bring wish you all a very good one!!!